Monday, August 16, 2004

I thought babies needed sleep...

...but apparently they're happiest making their fathers panic. I had a new dad episode. If you are a dad, you probably have, too: the feeling that if you don't change this diaper faster, the baby's going to scream at a higher and higher pitch until your head explodes. So, I panicked. Then the baby wipes ran out, and I panicked some more.

After a lot of panicking and a bit of desperate shouting at my sleep deprived wife to speak up, there's a screaming baby over here, I got the job done. The midwife says baby manipulated me...can't trust those babies. Gotta keep an eye on 'em.

Now, he's asleep. *Sigh*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both of you! ALL your co-workers are anxiously waiting to see him (oh yeah...and the happy parents too!). Anyway, congrats and keeps the updates coming!
Sue Dunn
PS. He is precious!!!

Anonymous said...

Go 'stine! Good job!

Congratulations-
get some rest?

Becca

Anonymous said...

Aiden is so cute! So he already has daddy wrapped around his little finger for sure! I hope to leave the Nebraska plains soon and visit... maybe when he's 3 months old I can babysit him for a few hours??

Keep the pictures coming!
:0)
Lisa Z
zubrodl@boystown.org

Scott, Nik and the Kids said...

I haven't laughed this hard in a while. You have a great way of telling it how it is yet making it funny. We too have dealt with the same feelings of helplessness. We still have them. It never ends. But there is alot of fun to have along the way.