Thursday, October 28, 2004

Guess I'm chopped liver.

He survived his first 2 hours of daycare quite nicely. When I arrived he was lying on the daycare provider's lap (her name's Lorie), smiling up at her beatifically. So far so good.

Later in the day, I picked up Christine from work, after which she left for 3 hours. Aiden looked around, realized that he wasn't going to receive his nightly mouthful of breast...and went apesh*t. Three. Hours. Of screaming. Ten minutes before Christine arrived home, Aiden dropped off to sleep. When he awoke, he saw Christine and became the soul of sweetness and light.

I think he's addicted to breastmilk.

8 comments:

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christine said...

I just wanted everyone to know that Dave did feed Aiden while I was gone, but the breakdown proceeded despite the nourishment. I think Aiden needed to "suckle" more than he needed to "eat". Perhaps this will be helpful to Dave next time he is in this situation:

http://www.unassistedchildbirth.com/milkmen.htm

'stine

~Kat said...

Poor Dad... I find that when my boyfriend gets the urgent need to suckle, I can just start talking about his mother and her new boyfriend, and his suckling instincts go away. I hope this helps.

Dave said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dave said...

It is very, very unlikely that I will breastfeed Aiden. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I think once I return to work at the medical school, I will have a hard time explaining to the dean why I have to skip out every few hours to pump.

Beyourluv: I'm not sure how talking to Aiden about your boyfriend's mother and her boyfriend will help, but I'll give it a shot.

~Kat said...

hehehe... I'm sure it won't help, but that was my best attempt at being funny... :)

Anonymous said...

AND I THINK I WILL JUST STAY OUT OF THIS CONVERSATION.....AUNTIE CHUCKLES

Marjie said...

It's a Hallmark moment....when you care enough to send the Furry Breast.