Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Sleep troubles


As I lay in bed at 5:45 this morning, and as Christine was getting ready for work, Aizay began yelling angrily for release from his mattressey cage. Of course, 5:45 is not a civilized hour, so I let him yell for 45 minutes. That's right, people, 45 minutes. I'm not ashamed...kid's gotta learn some time that we're not gonna just leap to his aid whenever he's bored. Plus, for the previous two nights he kept us up with his unreasoning caterwauling. I was not in the mood. And if any of you are proponents of attachment parenting, or some other paradigm that causes you to rush to your child the minute he or she makes an unhappy sound...well, good luck with all that.

Ahem. Anyway, as you may already have guessed, this strategy worked not at all, and finally at around 6:20 we got up. I put Aizay in his highchair and began fixing coffee...at which time he promptly fell asleep. *Sigh* Posted by Hello

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep. It's official. Aiden's the cutest kid I ever saw! And I can say that because I see the pictures only ;) 

Posted by ~Kat

Anonymous said...

I think Dave came across as a little harsh in this post but there was some kidding in there. He did let him cry because sometimes you just have to-for your sanity, you know. In Aizay's defense, he was getting over being sick and he is teething. He wasn't just _bored_. I feel bad for him (even though I had to let him cry too during the evening).

As an update, I think Aizay is getting over this little phase. He was a little angel last night, he let me put him in his crib without screaming, and I got sleep. Today, I finally feel sane during the day and I no longer feel like I want to kick pigeons and throw eggs at things.

-Christine

Anonymous said...

WEll I am glad you let Aiden know who is in control.....(he is really) good for you guys....and I do agree with Kat...(whoever he/she is) he is a cutie....waaaaaaaaaa....I want to get my hands on him....I think I need a Sydney fix to balance this out.....love you guys, Great Auntie Chuckles

Anonymous said...

Well, yes, I was a little harsh. But at the time I was writing the post, I was suffering from temporary baby-induced insanity. 

Posted by Dave