Friday, April 08, 2005

The demon baby of Fleet Street.


With the arrival of his 4th tooth, Aizay has discovered a taste for raw human flesh. It's a lot of work to continually supply him with such tastey morsels, but we've cultivated a relationship with a barber on Fleet St. who seems to have a connection. Hey, we don't ask questions.

Okay, there's no fooling you...it's beets. Y'ever notice how there's no such thing as pureed beets for babies? The reason, of course, is reddish poop. I wonder how many emergency-room visits have been avoided simply by not offering American babies Gerber Beets?

On a related note, I find that I'm talking about my son's poop a lot more than I suspected I would. His babysitter and I talk about his poop; his mother and I talk about it all the time; I tell stories about my son's poop to co-workers (carefully selected co-workers, mind you--even at a medical school it's considered bad manners to blurt out a report on the consistency of your son's latest production). Poop is big news in a baby's world, which makes it big news in my world, I guess.Posted by Hello

8 comments:

~Kat said...

Well, I, for one, am thankful that you decided to post an image of this oraphus (sp?) rather than the one that produces your regular topic of conversation. Thanks for that small blessing.

Anonymous said...

Instead of the Cookie Monster's song, here we like to sing, " 'P' is for Poopie, it's good enough for me! 'P' is for Poopie, it's good enough for me! 'P' is for Poopie its good enough for me! Poopie, Poopie, Poopie, begins with a 'P'! Ohhhh, Poopie, Poopie Poopie, begins with a 'P'!"

This is fun, and very educational for your children. In case you think I am totally off my rocker Davey, I learned this from my big sister, who has toddlers of her own.

Marjie 

Posted by marjie

Anonymous said...

This is a very cute picture... it made me laugh!

Actually Davey, you've always had poop humor. I remember when you were 3 years old, and would recite Cheech and Chong's "Sister Mary Elephant", and go "Class...class....CLA--- SHUT POOP!!!!! Then erupt in giggles! Very funny!

Marjie 

Posted by marjie

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, you would also add "Thank you!" after screaming at the class to "shut poop!"  

Posted by marjie

Anonymous said...

Wait till you reach middle age+ then see how much you talk about poop! It is not pretty. Love your comments. 

Posted by MOM

Anonymous said...

I think I AM middle age here... but no poop issues yet except for my babies!!

Marjie 

Posted by marjie

Anonymous said...

If Aizay wasn't smiling and I didn't know my sister Christine so well, I would be inclined to think Aizay was covered in blood from his parents beating up on a poor defenseless baby.  

Posted by Ed

Anonymous said...

Does that kid look defenseless?? Not at all... don't let that sweet smile fool you! He can hold his own!! 

Posted by marjie