Saturday, July 30, 2005

Who needs her, anyway?

So, this morning, Christine got on a plane for sunny California to attend a conference on cochlear implants. The organizers of this conference seem to think that the field is so vast and complex and weighty, the only way they can have a conference on it is if they make single parents out of the audiologists' spouses for six whole days. So:

Single father week begins.

The very first thing we did was go to the mall and visit the playground. I figured I'll get him tired so that Daddy can have some TV time. Worked like a charm. Now all I have to do is watch the tube. When he wakes up in 2 hours (hopefully), we'll go to the grocery store and pick up some paper plates, plastic cups and forks,and lots of frozen pizzas, and we should be all set. Not much of a plan, I know, but the weekend is still young.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coclear Implants??? AIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! No that wasnt me screaming, it was the feedback from my hearing aid. But yuck, who wants to have a hole drilled into your skull and then a plug in device attached to your head thereafter??? I'll just stick to headlice, thanks!

On the other note, what a very cute and happy baby! Maybe daddy can't cook but he takes great baby pics!

Marjie