Saturday, August 05, 2006

Hit and Run

Aizay is founding T.A.D.D. (Toddlers Against Drunk Driving) because he is angry at the man who hit his mama's car. Good news: Aizay wasn't in the car, mama is fine, and the driver was apprehended after a comically short low-speed chase. Bad news: The car is totalled.


Posted by Picasa

Here's the story, although my memory is foggy. I was at a traffic light. When the light turned green I began to move forward. Then it is a blur. It's not like I have no memory of it, it's just that it is like remembering a dream. I remember random bits like hitting my head on the driver's window, thinking, "I am glad Aizay is not here", and nonsensically picking up CDs that had been strewn around the car. Anyway, the other driver, Harol, eventually got arrested. The whole story was pieced together by a couple of eyewitnesses who were sitting stopped at the red light that Harol drove through when he drove into me. And they also saw the guy desparately trying to get the car out of a ditch so he could flee. I didn't really notice that part as it was going on. By the time the arrest and everything was all over, I noticed the tow-truck driver, who was cleaning the debris off the road,found Harol's licence plate. So really, all that effort he put into fleeing was pointless from the start. This incident and arrest was logged on 8/5/06 at 6:50am

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that the airbag?

I'm glad the car took the brunt of the impact and that Christine is doing OK.  

Posted by Anonymous

Dave said...

No, the airbag didn't deploy--that's the top of the dashboard.  

Posted by Dave