Thursday, August 31, 2006

The potty, Joe and Steve

Christine here. Okay I was browsing the web and I found the story that accompanied this picture:
http://www.engadget.com/2006/08/30/the-babykeeper-toilet-training-with-visual-aids

When Aizay saw it, he thought it was him. He pointed and said "Aizay! Aizay!" (He says the z now.) This device helps you "store" your child while you use a public restroom. Honestly, I think this is a great idea. The only thing that would have stopped me from using it is my fear of the judgement of others. If Aizay wasn't over the weight limit, I would think about getting it just for some fun around the house.

That get's me thinking of the potty...I have discovered this wonderful yet disturbing video that I hope will inspire Aizay:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RO85IMi9hno

Aizay loves Blues Clues and now he has learned that the infamous blue puppy herself uses the potty. But everytime I watch this video, I think, "poor Joe". I wonder what the guy's aspirations were when he decided to become an actor. What if he dreamed about being Robert DeNiro in Taxi Driver and this is what he got instead?

Does anyone know if Steve ever sang a potty song with Blue? Steve is much cooler than Joe. I bet if there is a Steve and Blue potty song, it rocks! Just like Steve rocks in real life:
SteveBurns_MightyLittleMan.mov

If you don't know anything about Blues Clues, let me tell you that many of us agree that the show jumped the shark when Steve left to "go to college" and his little brother Joe moved in. I think Aizay prefers Steve too although it's hard to tell. We were out and about the other day and I told him, when we get home, we'll watch Blue's Clues. When we got in the car, he started yelling "Steve! Steve!". I guess he thought I was going to play the DVD for him. So what I did instead was I put in Steve's CD (I am guessing that Steve got kicked out of college because he barely knew how to count and he started drinking, shaved his head and joined a band). Aizay was very confused as I tried to explain to him that the music he was listening to was sung by Steve. I think he finally figured it out. On subsequent car trips, he began to request "Steve". Now it has gotten to the point that if I turn the radio on in the car, he thinks it's Steve. He thinks all rock music is performed by Steve! That makes Steve like some sort of rock superhero or something, right?
...scary...


Here, finally, is the star of this blog, Aizay. He is engrossed by Blue's Clues (and our new foster cat, Jayda, is watching too).

1 comment:

Becca said...

You have a foster cat? Really? (then who cares about potty training?)