Thursday, August 09, 2007

We have decided! The baby will be named

Coraline Dorothea Etler

...unless she comes out a boy.

I know the name Coraline from the book of the same name. The name is very uncommon but has a familiar ring to it. The name is not unheard of, though; there are 39 "Coraline"s on facebook.

I love Coraline in the book. She is precocious, clever, curious, brave, and self-reliant. The book is a little spooky and the movie was supposed to come out Halloween 2008 but it will probably be later than that I think. I hope it comes out in time for us to buy Coraline dolls for her second Christmas...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coraline

"You're sick," said Coraline. "Sick and evil and weird."
"Is that any way to talk to your mother?" her other mother asked, with her mouth full of blackbeetles.

1 comment:

Marj said...

Congrats!!! Thats so exciting!

By the way, I have a birthday gift for Aizay, but it will likely be a little late because I am getting his name put on it.

Marjie