Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Coraline Watch: 41 weeks, 2 days

Not yet.

I thought I would revisit the old format...

At 4 am last night, I was very angry at Coraline...and angry at my cervix too. Now, I am more positive and patient. My contractions have gone from a 4 on the pain scale to a 1, not because they are milder but because I have compensated, my pain scale has shifted, and after over 12 hours of sporadic, intermittent, inconsistency, I am yearning for more. In about a half hour from now, I will go out walking (or maybe jumping jacks).

Also, you should all understand that this doesn't count as real labor yet. I am not suffering except from being separated from my home and Aizay. If there weren't meds involved, I would be sent home.

3 comments:

Marj said...

Glad you're feeling better. And we're all still ready to hear more (positive) public cervix announcements.

Martha said...

Alright, that's it. Something's got to be done about this. I refuse to sit around waiting helplessly, and I encourage all the rest of you to do the same. I'm going across the street to Saint Anthony's Shrine to light a candle. I'll give that about an hour. If nothing happens by then, I'll scratch an instant lottery ticket, if that doesn't work, I'll have pizza in the North End for lunch. Still no change, I'll go to the Opera House and enter the lottery for reduced price "Wicked" Tix. And if that doesn't work,..........

Anonymous said...

Dave & Christine, at 41 weeks, and having just returned from a cervical stretch & sweep myself, (fun, fun, fun) I feel for you. Especially you Christine, as Dave has no cervix, so he's not allowed to complain. I can tell you two of the old wives tales don't work. Trying all of them out until they induce me at 42 weeks. Have you considered a trampoline? Hang in there. It will be over soon, and you will be cuddling little Coraline in your arms, and saying "that wasn't so bad." :) Love, Mel