Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Predictions

Okay, here we are, in labor and delivery. Now don't get excited, we're in for the long haul, as Christine mentioned. To start this party off, let's talk about the various predictions that have been made today:

  1. It's a girl. I'm guessing they'll be right on this one. I'm no ultrasonographer, but it was pretty clear to me what the gender was.
  2. Coraline will be born at 2 a.m. this morning. Both the midwife and the nurse agree on this one. I'm voting for earlier, because I would like to get some damn sleep.
  3. The induction will be successful (i.e., no c-section necessary). They're starting off with Cytotec (an ulcer pill that when placed near the cervix also happens to thin it out--how they figured that one out, I don't want to know), so this will be a pretty slow process. Four hours from now they'll give another dose, probably, so we're talking 8 hours perhaps until labor begins.
  4. Christine predicted that her baby would be born today. If we go til 2 a.m., she'll be wrong, but we'll see 'bout that.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say she has Coraline at 8:00 tonight! I want to be able to stop by tomorrow!

Dave said...

I'm not going to let you stop by unless you tell me who you are, first :)

bill said...

10/09 PM 10/09, 10lb 09oz!

;-) Good luck Christine - Maura

Anonymous said...

10:09:07 pm ... that's my prediction

-Joan

Martha said...

I'm going to guess 11:58pm at 9LB 10 oz.

Becca said...

Yes, but did stine get eat her turkey last night?

-Becca

Becca said...

Wait a second, why all the heavyweight predictions? I say Ms Coraline is going to be a lovely 8 lb 6 oz.
Becca

Eddie said...

Good luck Christine. All that matters is thatboth mother and daughter to be healthy