Wednesday, February 20, 2008

An evening at the Etlers

Dave, after Aizay throws toy across the room: Are you allowed to throw things?
Aizay: yes
Dave: What did you say?!
Aizay: silence
Dave: Are you allowed to throw things?
Aizay: yes
All hell breaks loose.
Christine and Dave talking over eachother: time out/go to your room/Why would you say that? It's a lie/Don't contradict me...
As Aizay walks to his roon wailing, Dave: Why did he do that? I don't know why he did that.
Christine: It's unlike him.

Later after Aizay is released from his timeout.
Aizay: I'm okay. I'm okay.
Dave: Now Aizay, are you allowed to throw things?
Aizay: I don't want to talk about it.
Dave: Are you allowed to throw things?
Aizay: silence
Answering for him, Dave and Christine: No, you're not!
Aizay, beseechingly: Don't tell me the truth!
Dave and Christine burst into laughter and there ends that teaching moment.

Do you think he planned it that way?

2 comments:

Marj said...

Toddlers ALWAYS plan on confusing their parents!

zizz said...

What? no picture?